|Back to Back Issues Page|
Green Superfoods for Green Living -- Issue #028
July 22, 2012
IN THIS ISSUE:
Green Superfoods for Green Living
We are in the mist of a green revolution here on planet earth as we move into a more heart conscious way of living. Halleluiah!! I very much enjoy working with the earth instead of against it, don't you? Interestingly the green color is associated with the heart chakra in the body energy system. This makes sense as we are learning to allow the heart to guide us more as we make decisions in our lives that are for the betterment of all life.
One of the most important green materials on earth are TREES and green plants. They create oxygen, clean air and add to the vibrancy of our environment as a whole living community. In essence, every time we take a breath, we are taking in the invisible food they provide for us. In addition, eating green vegetation is one of the most powerful superfoods for the body, providing chlorophyll-rich nutrients and an alkaline food source, a welcomed asset to most diets.
Most major health issues today begin with an overly acidic body which allows heat and inflammation to run ramp-it. This is promoted by consuming foods that acidify the bloodstream and encourage acidic thoughts and emotions. Adding cooling green foods and drinks to your diet can immediately begin to shift these acid conditions and promote a healthier body, and likewise, a higher mind and consciousness.
Greens heal and detoxify acidic states of imbalance that are destructive on the inside of the human anatomy as well as on the outside in manifested reality.
Here's our list of top green superfoods to help you cleanse and cool the body and blood. Our motto is "green is clean".
Top Green Superfoods1) Green Juices - Drinking the juice from leafy green vegetables is one of the most powerful ways to alkalize the body. The effects are immediate because the green liquid is very easy to digest, entering the digestive tract very fast. Drinking green juice helps provide superior nourishment that remineralizes our often depleted cells. (See our Green Juice Extreme recipe below.)
2) Green Micro-algaes - Edible green algaes are a "green powerhouse" of superfood nutrition. These super rich, green food algae varieties are an important, nutrient dense food source for anyone wanting to extensively detox the body. They are top chlorophyll-rich detoxifiers of many pollutants and heavy metals trapped in the cells. The four main micro-algaes are: Spirulina, Chlorella, Blue Green Algae, and Marine Phytoplankton.
3) Green Leafy Vegetables - All leafy greens are alkaline in nature. There fibrous structure cleans out the entire digestive tract as they move through the stomach and colon. Greens are essentially a balancing food. This means they help to balance heavier foods, acidic foods and sweet foods. They combined well with nuts and seeds, which tend to be more acid based. We also include wild greens in our diet as much as possible for the added sustenance that nature provides.
4) Green Sprouts - These are the germinated seeds of various plants, that when sprouted, provide a highly concentrated source of potent energy, packed with pre-digested vitamins, minerals, protein rich amino acids, sugars, fatty acids and leaves filled with chlorophyll. Sunflower greens and wheatgrass are two of our favorite green sprout varieties.
5) Green Herbal Teas - Well, you probably know how much we love our green herbs like nettle and horsetail. These are usually dried or wild harvested herbs that we add to tea infusions, which produces a nutrient dense liquid that can be added as a base to many smoothies, soups, nut milks, or shakes.
7) Vitamineral Green - As the name implies, it is a vitamin and mineral supplement, but not just any supplement. It blends whole, raw food ingredients, enzymes, probiotics and zeolites together in one unique super green powder. Basically, it is a time capsule for raw, freshly harvested, juiced and extracted green foods. (See our Vitamineral Green page for more info.)
Recipe of the Month:
Green Juice Extreme
This is my heavy duty, green super juice recipe. In this juice you basically want to pack in as many greens as you can into one concentrated quart glass. This one is a pure chlorophyll energy transfusion that might take a toll on your taste buds, especially if you are unaccustomed to the flavor of greens. Those dandelions can be a bitter one too. But, I assure you, the results are worth it in the end. You can also add a bit more green apple to sweeten it up or try stevia extract.
For this recipe you can also use a high speed blender instead of a juicer. Simply chop ingredients, blend and pour through a nut milk bag. See our page on green juicing on the road for more info.
Until our next issue...
May you thrive, prosper and evolve in the best of ways!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR:
All information in this ezine is the personal view of the author and is for educational purposes only and not intended as medical advice, diagnosis or prescription. This information has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to cure or prevent any disease.
|Back to Back Issues Page|